CenCal has forged partnerships with a network of health, public safety, economic development, housing and youth serving organizations, working together to accomplish long-lasting systemic change. Our partners are interdisciplinary and multi-sector and include small faith and community-based organizations, large systems providers, and businesses. We are honored to partner with the following entities:
Cornerstone Church Community Care Program
- Provides baby food and diapers to our parenting groups.
- They will provide grocery boxes to any mentee and their families when requested by CenCal.
- Extends the opportunity for the mentee families to join any of the support programs offered by Community Care.
Fresno County Probation
- Vetted and approved our 14 week Anger Management course so it will satisfy the anger management court mandate given to some juveniles on probation.
Avenal State Prison “YEP” Program
- Has set aside up to 8 dates each school year for CenCal Mentoring to bring 8 groups of 20 young men to tour the prison facility and speak with selected prisoners about life in prison.
In the last 16 months CenCal has taken over 230 students representing Parlier Unified, Clovis Unified, Central Unified, and FCOE.
“Grizzly Youth Academy”, California National Guard – San Luis Obispo, Ca.
- Has reserved up to 3 beds each session for CenCal Mentoring to use to recruit any student that’s not too far behind in credits but really needs a change of environment.
S.H.A.R.E. Tolerance Program
- CenCal Mentoring Academy was vetted and selected in December 2016 to teach the program in all CenCal sites starting in the 2017-18academic school year.
The SHARE program is based on a restorative justice model and the tools that are utilized within the training are directed at learning through doing and role-playing. The program is directed towards assuring greater school attendance, prevent bullying, having less suspensions and prevention of suicide.
SHARE Partners include:
Fresno County Office of Education
Fresno County Dept. of Behavioral Health
Fresno Unified School District
Fresno County Workforce Investment Board
The Juvenile Justice Commission
District Attorney’s Office
Focus Forward of Fresno
Fresno Police Department
Big Brothers & Big Sisters
Public Defender’s Office
Boy’s and Girl’s Club of Fresno